TIPS FOR PACKING AND MOVING
Majority movers prefer doing packaging on their own. They are actually so excited to move to a new place that they don’t bother any damage. For instance, chipped plates, broken master pieces, bruised furniture, or even battered lampshades are quite usual damages experienced by movers. As a professional movers service, it is to our surprise that how these damages are caused so easily? Well! It is simply a result of careless and reckless packaging.
By applying some useful tips for packaging you can move your stuff in mint condition. For instance, if a stack of glass utensils are placed at the bed of a moving truck, it will be easily cracked no matter how good the packing is. However, if glass utensils are packed on the edges and are comforted with bubble wrap, it will surely move unharmed.
MOVING KITS AND BOXES
With a little planning in buying the right kind of packing materials; bubble wrap, packing peanuts, packing tapes and sturdy boxes, you can minimise the risk of damaging your items while moving. Moving companies like Gta Moving Services offer these supplementary moving equipments. Also we offer clothing, blankets, crumpled paper and pillows to buffer and secure the breakable products.
TIPS FOR MOVING PACKING
- Start packing by taking rooms one by one. Grab a marker and write labels on each box. Briefly describe the contents
- and the destination where they are to be placed. For example, bathroom or bedroom. This will make unpacking easier
- Try to keep the weight of boxes reasonable. Place heavy goods in small sized boxes to carry them easily.
- Applying tapes to furniture or painted/ polished goods may ruin the polished surface while removing
- For delicate items add extra cushioning and use double-box technique
THINGS WHICH ARE REQUIRED FOR FIRST DAY/ NIGHT
When packing is completed now, is the time to load. To avoid hassle firstly load the items which are likely to be less required. Remember; place the box having your china on top for a damage free moving. Be prepared for the first night on your new destination by packing the simple but essential items in a separate suitcase or bag which must be hand carried. Try to make a simple yet quick meal to carry it with you which can be easily heated and served at the first day or night.
Things which are most required at first night are:
- Simple households like; a towel, a pair of clothing, toothbrush, prescribed drugs if any.
- For each family member carry some plastic utensils, papers cups and plates, toilet paper, a trash bag, flashlight and a first aid kit consisting of few pain relievers, bandages and some anti septic ointments.
- A tool box in order to re-assemble the items while unpacking.
- Some clean bed spreads for each person.